- Compatible with the basband 2.5 Mbps ARCNET network
- Supports up to 16 ports in four slots
- One-size enclosure: 4-slot
- Offers easy expansion with EXP Series plug-in modules
- Mixes coaxial, twisted-pair, and glass fiber optic cable in one hub
- LED indicator identifies reconfiguration of the network
- Minimizes hub jitter with precision delay-line timing
- Rack-mounting accessory available
- Watch-dog timer prevents hub lockup
- Hub unlatch delay digitally controlled
- Universal voltage power supply
- Works with all Contemporary Controls Network Interface Modules (NIMs) when operating at 2.5 Mbps
The MOD HUB Series of modular active hubs is flexible enough for cabling ARCNET networks in either a star or bus topology. Units can link bus topologies by attaching the hub to one end of each bus segment.
These 4-slot hubs provide worry-free operation using low-power, low-heat CMOS components; high-efficiency LED lights; a special cooling system inherent in the design; and network diagnostic capability using LED indicators.
LEDs monitor proper hub timing and power supply status. An additional LED reports network reconfigurations.
Different enclosure styles are offered to meet any requirements. Using the rack-mounting kit, two 4-slot enclosures can be mounted within a standard 19" (48.3 cm) rack requiring 7" (17.8 cm) of vertical rack space. Alternately, the MODHUB-16F flanged unit allows wall mounting.
A chief advantage is the built-in flexibility so you need to order only the amount and type of connection for your application. Several expansion modules exist in the EXP Series-each supporting two or four ports. In just one hub, you can mix and match coaxial cable, twisted-pair wire and glass fiber optic cable.
Two combination expansion modules mix two cabling types one module. Ports can be easily added in the field with removable EXP expansion modules.
As for regulatory compliance, all models are UL 60950 Listed and C-UL Listed (CSA 22.2 No 60950) for Safety of Information Technology Equipment.