Information That We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our customers and parties who have shown a legitimate interest in our products.
Information is only collected from you with your consent on our website and the option to cease further contact is provided on all our marketing communications.
The types of information we collect are:
- contact details; e.g. your name, business address, company and email
- your IP address, which is the ID of your computer for analytical purposes
When you use our website, we may collect information about your actual location. We use this information to direct you to the relevant regional website or distribution partners.
How We Use Personal Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- we provide software downloads at your request
- we provide product updates
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have elected to receive these
Third Parties and Storage
We use third party services to enable us to operate more effectively. We use third party software and systems to ensure that we can contact you effectively, understand customers need better and to manage data in our organisation legally and ethically.
The types of third party we use fall into a number of categories:
- Analytical – e.g organizations who help us understand how our customers use our site
- Storage – Cloud and third party providers of storage resources
- Marketing – applications to help us manage our data better and contact customers responsibly
All our partners and third parties are properly contracted to supply services and agreement in place ensure that your personal data is always secure and looked after lawfully and ethically.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Information That We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Contemporary Controls and our platform providers.
Controlling Your Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Our employees sign a nondisclosure agreement that prohibits them from releasing confidential information.
Under data protection law, you have rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- you may request access to your information in order to know what we hold about you;
- you have a right to control marketing communications from us and can stop communications of this type from us at any time;
- you have the right to rectification of inaccurate information;
- you may ask to have your personal data erased from our systems;
- you have a right to complain to the regulator, the Information Commissioner, if you believe that we have misused your information.
You can contact us at any time to seek more information about how we handle your information, or to make a request for information. To do so, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.