The Portable BASrouter is a compact BACnet multi-network router which provides versatile stand-alone routing between BACnet/IP, BACnet Ethernet (ISO 8802-3), and BACnet MS/TP networks. This portable BACnet router is easy to carry, web page configurable and it is powered by any 5 VDC source through it's USB connection, such as the USB port of your laptop computer. It is a great commissioning and/or troubleshooting device with BACnet diagnostic capabilities. BACnet MS/TP "Status" webpage with graphical table of present MS/TP device status and network statistics, in addition to a BACnet/IP "Routing" webpage with a discoverable routing table become useful when setting up or troubleshooting a BACnet network.
Versatile Routing Between ...
- BACnet/IP and BACnet MS/TP
- BACnet Ethernet and BACnet MS/TP
- BACnet/IP and BACnet Ethernet
- BACnet/IP and BACnet Ethernet and BACnet MS/TP
- Two BACnet/IP Networks (between two UDP ports)
IP Network Support
- Web server for commissioning and troubleshooting
- DHCP option to automatically acquire IP address
- Diagnostic web page with graphical MS/TP device status, Network Error count, and BACnet network traffic statistics
- BACnet Routing Table web page
- BACnet/IP Broadcast Management Device (BBMD)
- Foreign Device Registration (FDR)
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet with auto-negotiation and Auto-MDIX
- Optically isolated MS/TP port
- MS/TP baud rates range from 9.6-76.8 kbps
- Powered by USB connection to PC or Laptop
- Compact plastic case can be easily stored
The Portable BASrouter is housed in a compact plastic case that is powered from a USB port on a PC or laptop computer. The Portable BASrouter is equipped with one optically-isolated EIA-485 port used for BACnet MS/TP, an alternative RJ-11 MS/TP port, and one 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Auto-Negotiation and Auto-MDIX port for BACnet IP, BACnet Ethernet, and web page configuration.
The MS/TP port offers an optically-isolated transceiver. It has a removable 3-pin terminal block for the EIA-485 connection or an alternative RJ-11 can be used for MS/TP connection. The Ethernet port offers a shielded RJ-45 connector. Auto-negotiation and Auto-MDIX allow this port to automatically match connections to the attached equipment. Therefore, either straight-through or crossover CAT5/6 cable can be used for hook-up. A resident web server allows for commissioning, and troubleshooting using a standard web browser. A reset switch is provided on the router to return the unit to the factory default IP address of 192.168.92.68 (/24). Three LEDs are provided: The power LED glows green when proper power is provided. A bicolour Ethernet LED glows green for 100 Mbps, and yellow for 10 Mbps, and indicates activity by flashing. MS/TP LED flashes green when valid MS/TP traffic is received. When flashing continuously and without long interruptions, the MS/TP receive LED is a good indicator that the MS/TP network is operational.